Position Title: County Coordinator, MONTSERRADO YMCA BRANCH
Employer: YMCA of Liberia
Post Location: Montserrado County
Duty Station: Monrovia
Post Duration: 1 year, but renewable based on satisfactory performance and Availability of funds.
Supervisor: Resource Mobilization Director, YMCA of Liberia in Consultation with the Montserrado Board
Hours: Full Time (100% of time required)
Annual Salary: Based on experience and qualification for the assigned task
Background and Operational Context:
The Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA) is a nonprofit organization that has been in existence since 1881. YMCA programs are mainly geared towards developing young people in the areas of spirit, mind and body. To this target, the YMCA implements programs of youth leadership development, peace building and civic education, health promotion, livelihoods, entrepreneurship training, education and life skills, among others.
The YMCA is seeking to recruit a competent and qualified County Coordinator who will report directly to the Resource Mobilization Officer on the entire operations of the county branch while working closely with the Montserrado Branch Team to oversee all of the activities of the branch. He/She will provide thorough leadership and strategic advice to the board from time to time on all activities of the branch, manage the operational efficiency of the branch, manage the team and guide program implementation. The County Coordinator is also expected to provide quarterly reports on all activities and provide strong oversight on all financial activities with fund-raising implication.
1.0 Job Description:
The Branch Coordinator will serve as the Team Leader and key YMCA focal person in the county. He/She manages YMCA activities in the county, raises resources for implementation, works closely with all stakeholders and provides oversight support for the implementation of activities in the Local Branch, linking the Local Branch offices with other YMCA branches in Liberia.
3.0 Main Responsibilities of the County Coordinator shall include the following:
- Prepare and update quarterly and annual work plans, and submit these to the board for agreement and approval.
- Prepare and participate in quarterly work planning and progress reporting meetings with the team.
- Draft TORs for key inputs (i.e. personnel, sub-contracts, training, and procurement) and submit these to the board for clearance and approval, and administer the mobilization of such inputs.
- Provide technical advice to the team in line with their duties and responsibilities, review technical reports and monitor all activities carried out by the branch.
- Ensure that all agreements with implementing activities are prepared, negotiated and agreed upon.
- Serve as the focal person and linkage between the operations and program sections for the efficient operations of the branch activities in line with YMCA’s standards for timeliness and quality
- Ensure coordination and monitor all sections (Finance, Operations & programs) in the local branches through effective communications and leadership
- Manage staff and create an enabling atmosphere for supervisees to properly function while maintaining oversight
- Closely collaborate with partners in designing a strategy and effectively implementing methods to engage community entities in support of the local board of education, leadership, psychosocial counseling, peace building, sports and recreation, social enterprise development, and livelihood programs over the long run
- Work with the local board to strengthen the capacity and participation of stakeholders (including HI-Y Clubs, Y-Phalanx, PTAs, local government officials, county authorities, youth groups, local businesses to actively support and enhance YMCA activities in the local branch
- Engage in strong partnership, networking for effective resource mobilization effort
- Take up other assignments assigned to you by the Monrovia Board
4.0 Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or post-secondary degree with a minimum of 2 years experience in project management, especially in complex environments
- Experience supervising staff
- Experience working with community-based organizations, elders, youth, private sector entities, and other local entities.
- Ability to verbally communicate in an engaging manner and write clearly and concisely
- Ability to build effective relationships with all clients, peers, and stakeholders
- Ability to work within a cross cultural setting with tolerance and respect, and negotiate diplomatically,
- Ability to liaise closely with Program and Operations staff and then provide leadership to on-the-ground staff and partner work teams;
- Experience as an engaging and effective trainer
- Proactive and creative, get the job done spirit;
- Ability to work hands-on, independently, and within team under pressure and in difficult work environment
- Excellent written English and ability to write reports
- Willingness to frequently travel to other Local Branches of the YMCA of Liberia
Reporting and Organizational Relationships:
This position is located in Montserrado County, Monrovia City, Liberia and reports to the Resource Mobilization Director, YMCA of Liberia in consultation with the Montserrado Board . This position will maintain close communication relationships with the National Finance and Program Sections as appropriate.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, CV with names of contact information of 3 references (cell contact numbers and email address) as well as copies of relevant documents to ascertain education/qualification. The submission of the requested documents should be sent to:
The Recruitment Committee
C/O The Human Resource Section
YMCA of Liberia
126 Broad Street, Crown Hill
Applications can be dropped at the YMCA National Headquarters on Broad Street and can also be emailed to email@example.com
Deadline for application is the 18th of February at close of official business. Late applications or Applications which do not meet the specified minimum requirements will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and qualified females are highly encouraged to apply.